Thursday, April 8, 2010

Psyco


I went to go visit Leper, since he sent that telegram. Since the telegram said his Christmas location, i figured it would be his house. I stopped by and i walked right into his house i foud him in his dinning room. We then stayed in the dinning room. He was telling me that he was trying to please himself with the war. Then he went into saying how he escaped the war. He started getting angry when i wasn't understanding what he meant by escaping the war. He then said to me that i was thinking of him as a pysco. The worst part is i hated teh sound of that word. It had a sudden mental-ward reality about it. I then told him that he makes me sick with his army words. He then told me that they were going to give him a discharge, a Section Eight discharge. I had no idea what that was or even meant. Leper then explained to me that it is for the nuts in the service, the psycos, the Funny Farm candidates. He also said that once you get that discharge you can't get a job after it, since everyone wants to see your discharge and then they see a Section Eight discharge they look at you funny and say there is not an opening. That it bascially means you're screwed for life. I was getting a little upset, just for the fact that he was yelling at me. Then all of a sudden he started laughing and saying how he always knew deep down i was a savage. And then he brought up how i knocked Finny out of the tree. Now this got me mad and i ended up shoving my foot against the run of his chair and kicked it. I knocked him down and his mother came down the steps yelling what happened. I didn't know what to do so alls i said was that i was sorry and that he started saying crazt stuff. Then thats when it hit me that Leper wasn't lieing that he was really was pysco. His mother had told me that her boy is ill. Now during this Leper was laughing and his mother was helping his up the stairs. I was about to leave except Leper told me to stay (laughing) and stay for lunch. During lunch Leper didn't eat very ,uch except i was feeling a bit embarrassed when i asked for seconds. Then toward the end of the meal his mother began to speak to me. I hten apologized to her and when she offered me a second dessert i then knew she had accepted it. She also then said that that Leper is a good boy underneath and that he is sorry. After lunch I went for a walk with Leper and he started telling me about all his crazy thoughts. I then had to leave because simply i couldn't listen to it anymore. I told him i didn't care and i left him.

page:140-151

No comments:

Post a Comment